Mediterranean food is one of my favorite styles of food and this recipe for slow cooker Greek chicken came out perfectly.
I love using the slow cooker so when I came up with the idea to make Greek chicken in the slow cooker for delicious, low WW point gyros, I had to give it a go. And I can happily say it worked wonderfully!
One of the best parts of this dish is how healthy it is. The chicken is only 2 points a serving (due to the olive oil) and I only used half of a serving on my gyro last night.
To make a delicious and filling three WW point meal, I recommend using one Joseph’s flax pita (1pt), half a serving of the Greek chicken (1pt), half an ounce of feta (1pt), 1/2-1/3 tablespoon of Trader Joe’s tzatziki (0pt), and all the veggies – 0 points of course! I love some greens (lettuce, spinach, etc), tomatoes, cucumbers, and even peppers and onions if you’d like.
I hope you love this dish as much as I do and don’t forget – Check out my Insta (@nachoaverageliz) and if you make anything I post about tag me or use the hashtag #nachoaveragelizrecipe !
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ medium lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and water. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6.
- Once cooked, shred chicken with two forks or hand mixer. Serve over pita as a gyro or on top a salad!